here is something me and a couple of other MVPs have been toying with. The ten (or more) commandments for sharepointers:
- Thou shalt collaborate!
- Thou shalt develop on a server!
- Thou shalt not use smart part unless you understand what it does and it's ramifications.
- Thou shalt reverse-engineer undocumented API calls and internal classess of SharePoint OM
- Thou shalt not ask if CAML can make WHERE UNIQUE queries
- Thou shalt hold no other compression utilities before makecab
- Thou shalt add C:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\web server extensions\12\bin to your system PATH variable
- Tony Bierman says : Though shalt not deploy DLLs to the GAC unless absolutely necessary. Ishai Sagi says: Thou shalt deploy DLLs to the GAC unless absolutely necessary. (I forsee a bloody row about this)
- Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s MacBook Pro
- Thou shalt use CreateChildControls when you want asp controls in your web part.
- Thou shalt always create WSP solutions as part of your build. (Daniel Mcpherson)
- Thou shalt always test with accounts that DO NOT have administrator rights on the box.(Daniel Mcpherson)
- Thou shalt always test with accounts that DO NOT have administrator rights on the site.
And while I am at it, here is an original one: How do sharepoint MVPs communicate?
By MOSS Code!