Monday, October 29, 2007

Failed to instantiate file "default.master"

I was building a new solution package that deployed a site definition, and when I created a new site from that definition I got the error "Failed to instantiate file "default.master" from module "DefaultMasterPage": Source path "default.master" not found.".
It turns out that I wrote the wrong folder name in the webtemp xml file. Thank you Bjarne L. Gram for writing about this.

4 comments:

Sanjay M said...

thanks a lot this was giving me and my instructor a real headache in my sharepoint training session. Found your site and solved the problem :)

Phan said...

Thanks a lot! I resolved my problem. Coffee! All Right

Anonymous said...

Thanks, this worked perfectly.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the solution. Now, I can have a good night's rest.